Friday, May 8, 2009

Rose Bowl Flea Market

The second Sunday of every month the Rose Bowl holds its infamous Flea Market. Unfortunately this Sunday is the Rose Bowl Flea Market and Mother's Day. Though it is a fantastic place for bargain hunting and browsing. If your mother appreciates this type of events, make a day out of it and I am positive you can find a cheap and respectable gift for her. All the information is after the jump.

For over the last 40 years the Rose Bowl Flea Market has supplied an average of 20,000 buyers and browsers a day with 2,500 vendors selling their antiques items, new items and crap items for very reasonable prices. It is open to the public at a $8.00 general admissions fee from 9:00 till 3:00 when most vendors start to close up shop but if you stay till 4:30 like I usually do you can easily find some great deals.

But if your a vintage fanatic, like myself, and want the best items no matter the price then there are a few options. If you hit the market before 9:00 there is an express admissions for $10.00, before 8:00 is the early admissions fee of $15.00 and for those who are absolutely crazy (not even I would go this far) from 5:00 to 7:00 you get VIP admission for $20.00.

The great thing is parking is free and no pets are allowed. Don't get me wrong I love animals, but I wanna bargain shop not step in your animals feces. But, and I would recommend taking the free parking and walking, you can use the preferred parking lot for a $10.00 fee. So check out the world famous Rose Bowl Flea Market this Sunday.

0 comments: