Friday, May 29, 2009

Today in History | Weekend Warriors

Today in 1953 New Zealand explorer Edmund Hillary and Nepalese Sherpa mountaineer Tenzing Norgay became the first people to reach the summit of Mount Everest. So, take lead from them, your weekend need not be mundane.

Tenzing Norgay at the summit of Mt. Everest, 1953.

Otherwise, this weekend should be a shit show. I have planned way more than I can handle and am actually going to attempt to deal with it all. Between Die Posers Die! and ZAP! POW! BAM! my mornings are pretty booked, and then I am also attempting to head over to Chuck's Vintage and 26th and Santa Monica to check out some places (in my need to move out of my parents back-house). If anyone is interested in joining me for DPD or ZPB, just hit me up. I will report back on Monday.

The rhythm of the weekend, with its birth, its planned gaieties, and its announced end, followed the rhythm of life and was a substitute for it. ~F. Scott Fitzgerald



0 comments: