Thursday, July 2, 2009

Doing it Right | Black Watch

Named after the Black Watch tartan of the 3rd Battalion of the Royal Regiment of Scotland and authored by the menswear guru Jon Patrick of The Selvedge Yard. Having worked with and for the best at Hartmarx and Polo has given him the skill and knowledge to be a teacher among the novice bloggers out there on the scene including myself. Wise is not the only aspect of J.P. that makes him unique, it is his attitude. J.P. once told me "don't ever screw someone over in this business, you'll never live it down." You will always find that someone knows someone who you have screwed over or helped out. And I have taken his advise very seriously offering my help to anyone anywhere who might need it -- seriously take me up on it whether it be a small trade show that you need help running or find some obscure fabric in a place where few apparel fabric shops can be found.


So, when I saw that J.P. had posted a little something about vintage Los Angeles on Black Watch I decided that it was something worth a look and worth a post.

(42nd) Black Watch (1881) presents L.A. Stories Told Through Vintage Pics | UCLA Archives


0 comments: