Monday, August 10, 2009

The Rose Bowl Flea Market Find | Vintage Red Wings Irish Setter Boots

There are a few tactics to navigating the flea market jungle. And one such as the ever famous Rose Bowl Flea Market is no exception. The RB Flea is large and tiresome to walk around in search for a single or maybe even a few items and that is exactly where I failed when approaching it in my last 4 visits. Though by luck I and obviously others had walked by Rin Tanaka on our visits but this time specifically I took a different approach. With no real need for anything specific I walked in their with as open a mind as possible and came out with an amazing item in disrepair. The vintage Red Wings Irish Setter Boots that I found looked like hell or at least that they have walked there and back. They are in complete disrepair and the sole is worn down to the point of almost no visible tread so all in all this will either be one huge project or a fun time for the Red Wings Retail store by my house.



Hopefully mine will be closer to 50% of what the J. Crew reproductions to the left look like. But in all reality Red Wings will probably hand them back calling them a lost cause. In that case I will wear them till the first sign of deterioration shows -- not that the show hasn't already started deteriorating -- and then they will sit on my shelf next to my 1930's copy of Call of the Wild, a set of deadstock Cat Paw heels, my copy's of Harley Davidson: Book of Fashions, Into the Sunset, and 100 Buffalo Bill Posters and a few other items. Too bad I didn't break them in myself but they fit like I had so it's all the same in my book.







4 comments:

plaidout said...

Great find! RW will do you right. Looking forward to seeing more of these puppies.

Anonymous said...

Love those boots and the RB market. They're worth it despite the wear and tear.

Fred said...

Hi there my best regards to Rin ask him about Fred from Germany we did a great tour from Berlin to Hamburg - unfortunately he was ill this time....

Best regards check www.redwing1905.blogspot.com

anything you need feel free to ask

Unknown said...

see here www.dolabuy.ru site Hermes Dolabuy explanation Celine Dolabuy